Titles are one of the most underestimated pieces of content on your blog or website. Every class that you ever took on writing told you that a great title summarizes the story. On the web, it's not the same deal. I could have written this title as “Writing Post Titles”… no one would have clicked on it.
One thing you'll find in common with professional copywriters on the web is that they use the same formula all the time for attracting traffic. My post title is a bit mocking… but the fact is that these techniques work. Here are ten kinds of post titles that will encourage surfers to click through to your posts.
- How to… More, Mma, Ọsọ ọsọ - tinye n'ọrụ a Otu esi achikota ya na oke ihe.
- Ndepụta 5, 10, 100 – Not too many… unless you're trying to make a big point. Readers love a list.
- Ajuju? Azịza - Jụọ ajụjụ onye ọ bụla jụrụ wee gosi na azịza ya.
- Zingtụnanya, Dị Oké Mkpa, Nke Kachasị Elu, Ihe E Si n'Aka – Utilize words that evoke a strong emotion that it's the best information anyone could get anywhere.
- Free - Yup, ndị mmadụ ka hụrụ n'anya n'efu.
- Ihe Kachasị mma, Ndị ama ama, bara ọgaranya maara – You want to know what they know, don't you?
- Nzuzo Nzuzo, Usoro – If it's a secret, our curiosity gets the best of us.
- Ngwa, Ngwa, Oge – We don't have a lot of time these days, use words that set expectations that the info can be retained quickly.
- Nnukwu Onu ogugu, Onu ogugu - Ndị na-agụ akwụkwọ nwere mmasị na ọnụ ọgụgụ buru ibu.
- Nwee mmeri, merie, merie - Ndị mmadụ asị ida. Gosi ha etu ha ga-esi gbochie ya!
On a search engine results page (SERP), you're met with a aha na nkọwa – that's it! Those are the only two components that a reader sees before deciding whether or not to click and visit your site. The title is taken from your aha peeji element. If you're writing a blog post, that typically coincides with your blog post title. Your description can be taken from the page content, but if you have a meta nkọwa mkpado, engines ọchụchọ ga-ewekarị ọdịnaya ahụ kama.
Youpịrị na ya? Ama m na ị chọrọ!
Ọ bụrụ na ị na-ele anya na weebụ na isiokwu ndị na-adọrọ mmasị karị, utu aha ndị a na-adọrọ adọrọ na-adị n'elu ha mgbe niile. Emechara m nyocha maka onye ahịa na aha peeji ha na ndị asọmpi ha - anyị chọpụtara na ha na-arụ ọrụ nke ọma ma e jiri ya tụnyere ndị asọmpi ha mana pịa ha site na ọnụego (CTR) dị ala.
Irè ojiji nke isiokwu ma na-akpali akpali post utu aha nwere ike inwe mmetụta dị ukwuu na okporo ụzọ gị. Wepụta oge dị ukwuu iji dee aha post gị dịka ọdịnaya n'onwe ya!